Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Monday 10 May 2004 14.48, Wouter Verhelst wrote:
[whitelisting]

> And it wouldn't be very useful, since all it'd take to circumvent
> would be to have a spammer send mail with the right from address.
> I've seen this before; whitelisting doesn't often help, really.

Looking at the sender addresses of the spam that currently plagues the
Debian lists, it would probably help a lot right now.

Of course, I don't know who's subscribed to the list, but all the recent
spam senders have email sernders that look quite spammy.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Umlaut Zebra über alles!