Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Mon, 10 May 2004, Matthew Garrett wrote:

> Santiago Vila wrote:
>
> >Messages from non-subscribers or non-registered people would not count as
> >"false positives" since the list policy would be to not allow such posts.
>
> This is not a desirable policy. If you want solutions, could you please
> consider those that don't contain an implicit change in current policy?

For example? Did you read my initial message? I'll summarize:

I propose to close the lists.

Those who disagree please propose a *better* solution.

What I propose would be simple, effective, it would only require a
small amount of time from posters (the time required to subscribe to
the white list, which has to be done only once), and it would be easy
to implement (since the white list already exists).