Re: Spam in the lists out of control

On Sun, May 09, 2004 at 12:45:05PM -0600, Bob Proulx wrote:
> Milan P. Stanic wrote:
> > Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > > [snip] or have Blars Blarson try on
> > > murphy the same recipes he uses to filter spam in the BTS.
> >
> > Please, no! If Blars puts his recipes I will not be able to post
> > to Debian mailing lists anymore, because his lists is bad.
>
> I do not know what RBLs are under discussion.

AFAICT, Blars has his own lists that include things like "attbi.com" or
"comcast.net".  Any mail I send him - whether the mail originates from
my own SMTP server or from Comcast's official one - gets bounced back.
There are ways to contact him, but they usually involve having someone
else (who's not blocked) find him for you.

I won't quarrel with Blars' recipes for filtering mail to his personal
addresses - and I also appreciate the work he's done related to SPAM on
Debian lists up until this point - but I agree with Marco that Blars'
personal filtering recipes aren't appropriate for Debian lists.

KEN

--
Kenneth J. Pronovici <pronovic@debian.org>