Re: When will amd64 be allowed in sid?

Quoting Goswin von Brederlow (brederlo@informatik.uni-tuebingen.de):
> One goal of amd64 multiarch was to solve sparc64, mips-N32, mips-N64,
> ppc64, s390x (and ia64-32 presumably too) along the way in the same
> manner. Don't forget that.

Was/Is it ? I wasn't really aware of that. I'm less thinking in
terms of performance here, even so I very much admit it is very
much a topic as well, but much more I was thinking in terms of
legacy software. This caused me not to think about Sparc, Mips, PPC
since we very rarely have legacy software for those CPU
architectures. The big problem we have is with the 32bit Intel
for which lots of legacy software exists by now.

> But given that 32bit 3D games won't run on
> amd64 (multiarch or pure64 + 32bit chroot) did somewhat lessen my
> motivation to push for it.

Then the question is why and what must we do to fix it ?

Cheers
   Mike