Re: kernel maintenance

Francesco Paolo Lovergine <frankie@debian.org> writes:

> On Wed, May 05, 2004 at 05:19:34PM +0200, Goswin von Brederlow wrote:

>> > Me too, but I saw that the first step in this direction (i.e. the debian-kernel ML)
>> > apparently is missing its goal. There are very few messages on it, and
>> > all are users-related.  I have the suspect that a general consensus on
>> > kernel-management needs yet to be reached. And honestly I don't know
>> > how, if people who should be interested in this matter do not discuss it
>> > at all...
>> >
>> > --
>> > Francesco P. Lovergine
>>
>> I guess every kernel-image, kernel-module and kernel-patch maintainer
>> should be asked to join the list. I suspect many don't know it exists.
>>

> I already contacted a bounce of DDs at time of list approvation.
> And mailed this list a couple of times.
> Unfortunately having a list of those people is not so easy. Do you
> suggest to post on every debian-<arch> list for porters?

You can grep the Packages files excluding source packages that are not kernel modules.

Adopted from sourcerer-kernel-builder (needs the module excludes from it):

% (grep-dctrl -s Maintainer -P 'kernel-image' /var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages; grep-dctrl -s Maintainer -P 'kernel-patch' /var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages; grep-dctrl -s Package -P -e '[-](source|src)' /var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages | grep -e '[^ ]*-source$' -o -e '[^ ]*-src$' | sort -u | while read SOURCE; do if grep -q "$SOURCE" /usr/share/sourcerer/kernel-module.exclude; then : ; else grep-dctrl -P "$SOURCE" -s "Maintainer" /var/lib/apt/lists/*Packages; fi; done | sort -u; ) | sort -u | cut -d":" -f2-

 Adam Heath <doogie@brainfood.com>
 Al Stone <ahs3@debian.org>
 Alexander Zangerl <az@debian.org>
 Andres Salomon <dilinger@voxel.net>
 Andrew Pollock <apollock@debian.org>
 Aurelien Jarno <aurel32@debian.org>
 Bartosz Fenski <fenio@o2.pl>
 Baruch Even <baruch@debian.org>
 Bdale Garbee <bdale@gag.com>
 Brandt Dusthimer <brandt@dusthimers.com>
 Brian Mays <brian@debian.org>
 Camm Maguire <camm@enhanced.com>
 Christian T. Steigies <cts@debian.org>
 Cyril Bouthors <cyril@bouthors.org>
 Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsaker <ilmari@ilmari.org>
 Dan Weber <dan@mirrorlynx.com>
 David Krovich <dkrovich@csee.wvu.edu>
 David Schleef <ds@schleef.org>
 David Spreen <netzwurm@debian.org>
 Debian ALSA Maintainers <pkg-alsa-devel@lists.alioth.debian.org>
 Debian QA Group <packages@qa.debian.org>
 Debian S/390 Team <debian-s390@lists.debian.org>
 Ed Boraas <ed@debian.org>
 Eduard Bloch <blade@debian.org>
 Eric Dorland <eric@debian.org>
 Francois Gurin <matrix@debian.org>
 Gordon Fraser <gordon@debian.org>
 Guenter Geiger (Debian/GNU) <geiger@debian.org>
 Guido Guenther <agx@debian.org>
 Guillem Jover <guillem@debian.org>
 Gustavo Franco <stratus@acm.org>
 Hakan Ardo <hakan@debian.org>
 Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
 Jan Schulz <debian@katzien.de>
 Javier Fernandez-Sanguino Pen~a <jfs@computer.org>
 Joe Wreschnig <piman@debian.org>
 John H. Robinson, IV <jaqque@debian.org>
 John Ogness <john@ogness.net>
 Jonas Smedegaard <dr@jones.dk>
 Juergen Strobel (private) <juergen@strobel.info>
 Julien BLACHE <jblache@debian.org>
 Karsten Merker <merker@debian.org>
 KiHyeon Seo <nefsall@debian.org>
 László Böszörményi (GCS) <gcs@lsc.hu>
 Manuel Estrada Sainz <ranty@debian.org>
 Marco d'Itri <md@linux.it>
 Mario Joussen <joussen@debian.org>
 Mario Lang <mlang@debian.org>
 Masahito Omote <omote@debian.org>
 Masato Taruishi <taru@debian.org>
 Matt Taggart <taggart@debian.org>
 Matt Zimmerman <mdz@debian.org>
 Max Vozeler <max@hinterhof.net>
 Micah Anderson <micah@riseup.net>
 Mika Fischer <mf@debian.org>
 Mikael Andersson <mikan@debian.org>
 Nicolas Boullis <nboullis@debian.org>
 Ola Lundqvist <opal@debian.org>
 Paul Hedderly <prh@debian.org>
 Pawel Wiecek <coven@debian.org>
 Peter T. Breuer <ptb@it.uc3m.es>
 Philip Blundell <philb@armlinux.org>
 Randall Donald <rdonald@debian.org>
 Raphael Bossek <bossekr@debian.org>
 Rene Engelhard <rene@debian.org>
 Rene Mayrhofer <rmayr@debian.org>
 Robert Millan <rmh@debian.org>
 Roland Mas <lolando@debian.org>
 Russell Coker <russell@coker.com.au>
 Sam Hartman <hartmans@debian.org>
 Sam Hocevar (Debian packages) <sam+deb@zoy.org>
 Simon Law <sfllaw@debian.org>
 Stephen Frost <sfrost@debian.org>
 Sven Luther <luther@debian.org>
 TSUCHIYA Masatoshi <tsuchiya@namazu.org>
 Taku YASUI <tach@debian.or.jp>
 Thibaut Varene <varenet@debian.org>
 Thibaut Varenet <varenet@debian.org>
 Thomas Hood <jdthood@yahoo.co.uk>
 Thomas Schmidt <thomas.schmidt@in.stud.tu-ilmenau.de>
 Thorsten Sauter <tsauter@debian.org>
 Torsten Werner <twerner@debian.org>
 Vincent Sanders <vince@debian.org>
 Yann Dirson <dirson@debian.org>
 martin f. krafft <madduck@debian.org>

That should be every Maintainer of a kernel-image, patch or modules
package present in sid i386. Arch specific !i386 packages are missing
but that shouldn't be many. I see the m68k, ppc, s390 and mips people
in there so i guess thats most.

MfG
        Goswin