dh_installdocs ignores package.README.Debian

Dear People,

What the subject says. Dh_installdocs does *not* install README.Debian
as I desire. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong. The relevant
lines in debian/rules are as follows.

The package in question is listed in debian/control as

Package: python2.3-pyx
Architecture: any

and I have a file called

debian/python2.3-pyx.README.Debian

So this should be dealt with by the call of dh_installdocs in the
binary_arch section, surely.

What am I doing wrong?

Incidentally, I'm a bit mystified by the

dh_installdocs -A -A...

in the second invocation of dh_installdocs below. (I inherited this
rules file from an earlier version of this package). I can't
understand (from the man page) what this is supposed to do.

Thanks in advance. Please cc me, I'm not subscribed.
                                                          Faheem.

# Build architecture-independent files here.
binary-indep: install doc/manual.pdf doc/pyxfaq.pdf
        dh_testdir
        dh_testroot
        dh_install -p python-pyx-doc manual/manual.pdf faq/pyxfaq.pdf
	examples/examples.pdf usr/share/doc/python-pyx-doc
        dh_install -i --sourcedir=debian/tmp
        dh_installchangelogs -i CHANGES
        dh_installdocs -i -A README AUTHORS
        dh_link -i
        dh_compress -i
        dh_fixperms -i
        dh_installdeb -i
        dh_gencontrol -i
        dh_md5sums -i
        dh_builddeb -i

# Build architecture-dependent files here.
binary-arch: install
        dh_testdir
        dh_testroot
        dh_install -a --sourcedir=debian/tmp