Glenn Maynard wrote:
> However, probably as a somewhere obscure side-effect of this, unmodifiable
> license *texts* have always been allows in Debian, and I think arguments
> that license *texts* should be subject to the same requirements as all
> other software is reasonable.

I have to say that they should be.  Practically, of course, it's hard to
find license texts which are freely licensed (I did try to get the Apache
people to license theirs freely, though, and I believe that they agreed in
principle).

I do think making an exception for license texts is possibly the least
harmful exception possible, because we apparently actually want to
*discourage* people from designing new licenses, whereas we want to
encourage people to make new software of most other types.