License texts with invariant sections

Glenn Maynard <g_deb@zewt.org> wrote:

> I'm not arguing that this should change.  I don't think there would be any
> gain in that; it would increase the confusion level substantially (license
> discussions get confusing enough without bringing meta-licenses into it!),
> and it would only increase license proliferation.

Here's an interesting thought.  Suppose that we make such an exception
explicit that license texts are allowed to contain invariant sections.

Now what if I create a new license text and embed software documentation
inside it with cover text saying that the license text must be distributed
as a whole with no modifications?

Will you allow software that is distributed with this license to enter
main? If not then can you come up with a rule that is not ad hoc to
distinguish licenses such as these from the GPL?