Re: partial Debian mirroring - Was: dpkg rewrite in Java

Goswin von Brederlow wrote:
> "Tobias Hertkorn" <t.hertkorn@gmx.de> writes:
> >
> > On the flipside: it was obvious, that apt-got is not for
> > everybody either. Java has a big footprint and might
> > be too much for small machines - but that is only a
> > guess, as I couldn't test this setup on a slow cpu.
>
> How much are we talking about? 16MB, 32Mb, 64Mb?
>
> MfG
>         Goswin

That "disclamer" is aimed at the CPU power primarily. But as said I
have no hard facts to back this up.
To answer your question anyways - right now the memory footprint must
be below 64MB, as I don't touch the -Xmx option. My guess is about
20MB?