Re: partial Debian mirroring - Was: dpkg rewrite in Java

On Mon, 2004-04-26 at 20:31 -0700, Tobias Hertkorn wrote:
> I did not know about debmirror2 up to now. Will it be written in perl
> as debmirror is now? Will it support (optinal) acting as proxy - that
> means, populating it on the fly? How far along is it?

I haven't tried it, but your requirements sound very similar to what
apt-proxy is intended to provide.

I'm curious about why it is insufficient for your purposes (it's
actually something I've considered implemented at home with a network
similar to what you describe, so I'm genuinely curious).