Re: more evil firmwares found

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 04:47:27AM -0800, D. Starner wrote:
> But we wouldn't have something that anyone would edit. Therefore it
> wouldn't be source as we know it. There's a big difference between
>
> const interest 5 % the interest rate as a percent
> load a, r1 % load the principle
> mult r1 #interest r2
> comp 560 r2 % if it's more than 560 bucks, then
> cjmp kill_bill % kill the client
>
> and
>
> opp1 &5688, r1
> opp2 r1 5 r2
> opp3 560 r2
> opp4 &17

But this would be fine:

  opp1 &5688, r1   % principal = a;
  opp2 r1 5 r2     % r2 = r1 * interest;
  opp3 560 r2      % if (r2 > 560)
  opp4 &17         %   goto kill_bill;

I'm uncomfortable with a definition of source that depends on the
presence of clarifying comments; speaking as a Perl aficionado, it comes
dangerously close to saying that code in languages you find unreadable
isn't source. Am I missing something?