Re: bug #10643 is archived and still open

On Mon, Apr 26, 2004 at 10:00:45AM +0200, Frank Küster wrote:
> Blars Blarson <blarson@blars.org> wrote:
> > I've done some major cleaning sessions deleting hudreds of spams from
> > the BTS, and don't usually check which address was spammed.
>
> Thank you for this. The package maintainer usually is the first to
> notice the spam (I have my package-specific filtering rules before the
> spam-specific ones). Would it be possible to construct some interface
> where the maintainer can send a gpg-signed mail to, in order to delete
> those spam messages, without the need of BTS admins to do anything?

I would greatly prefer any "delete arbitrary message from bug" interface
to require human intervention from the BTS administrators, for I hope
obvious reasons. Part of our job is to maintain the integrity of the
system, and what you propose would compromise that.

Cheers,