Re: getting current gnomemeeting into testing

On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 07:56:36PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> Scripsit Steve Langasek <vorlon@debian.org>
> > On Sun, Apr 25, 2004 at 05:47:24PM +0100, Henning Makholm wrote:
> > > Scripsit Riku Voipio <riku.voipio@iki.fi>

> > > No, legacy packages should not be removed from the archive as long the
> > > 'stable' release contains a non-dummy package with the same name.

> > Transition packages need to be installable to be useful.  As this one
> > was not,

> Certainly. The picture I got was that the testing version of the
> package is installable in testing, but that the sid version would not
> be installable if it propagated to testing now.

That's correct.  The version in unstable also held up the propagation of
a number of other packages into testing -- shipping with an older
upstream version of 10 packages doesn't sound better than shipping
without a transition package for this name change (and the latter is
generally easier to fix).

--
Steve Langasek
postmodern programmer