Re: bts2ldap: possible coming features

* Colin Watson (cjwatson@debian.org) [040423 08:40]:
> On Thu, Apr 22, 2004 at 10:28:57PM -0400, sean finney wrote:
> > also, if you're fielding ideas from the crowd, how about a
> > Package Version (debbugsPackageVersion?) for the reports where
> > this info can be extracted.

> This should only be done once it's supported by debbugs itself. It would
> be really bad for bts2ldap to go off on its own and probably be
> incompatible here.

I'm going to use only information that is available via *.status and
*.summary (and a count how many messages there are in *.log), but I'm
not going to extract any further information from the *.log-file;
extracting information out of this file is the task of debbugs.

The bts2ldap-tool is just a remote accessable, binary interface to
this data, but not a replacement for tasks where the technical right
place is in debbugs.

Cheers,
Andi
--