Re: Debian GNU/Linux Reference Card under construction

    Colin> FWIW, this isn't true: man -k;

info --apropos

    Colin> man uses your preferred pager while info has its own built-in
    Colin> (and fairly sucky) one;

The price to pay is that it has no navigation support at all in man: no
cross reference, no parent, and no index.  If you don't like Emacs-style
keys in info, there is --vi-keys.

    Colin> man can format man pages to PostScript etc.;

TexInfo files can be formatted to PostScript using just plain TeX, just like
man files can be formatted to PostScript using Groff.  Of course, formated
.info cannot be formatted to PostScript, just like catman files cannot be
formatted to PostScript.

    Colin> I don't see a way to specify a manual section to info;

Try "info 'time(2)'".  (Can it be any more intuitive than that?)

    Colin> does info *really* handle non-ASCII encodings better than man
    Colin> currently does?; and so on.

For this I don't know, though.  If this is a problem it should really be
fixed.

Regards,
Isaac.