Re: "service" command like that in Red Hat

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Andrew writes:
>> Yeah, from my experience, service could boil down to just:

>> #!/bin/sh
>> /etc/init.d/$1 $2

>> I'm fairly certain it would do it's thing irrespective of whether the
>> service was supposed to be running in that runlevel.

> Takes a bit more than that to be fully compatible with the Red Had service
> command.  Besides, I'm not at all sure that service shouldn't honor
> policy-rc.  Opinions?

Does RedHat's "service" honor the current setting of symlinks or
whatever you might find on RedHat that corresponds to Debian's
runlevel policy stuff?
              cu andreas
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.
                    Anthony Towns in 2004-02 on debian-devel