Re: "service" command like that in Red Hat

John Hasler <john@dhh.gt.org> wrote:
> Andrew writes:
>> Yeah, from my experience, service could boil down to just:

>> #!/bin/sh
>> /etc/init.d/$1 $2

>> I'm fairly certain it would do it's thing irrespective of whether the
>> service was supposed to be running in that runlevel.

> Takes a bit more than that to be fully compatible with the Red Had service
> command.  Besides, I'm not at all sure that service shouldn't honor
> policy-rc.  Opinions?

Does RedHat's "service" honor the current setting of symlinks or
whatever you might find on RedHat that corresponds to Debian's
runlevel policy stuff?
              cu andreas
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.