Re: more evil firmwares found

On Tue, Apr 20, 2004 at 06:38:18PM +0200, Marco d'Itri wrote:
> > > My position is that we should keep distributing firmwares like everybody
> > > else does, and I have no interest in working in other directions.
> > You asked for a policy decision and you got it. If you don't like it,
> > you're welcome to use the appropriate channels to get it overturned,
> > but unless you succeed at that, you need to abide by the decision,
> > not go off in a sulk.
> I do not care enough about this[1] to try to change your position, but
> this does not mean that I will accept being volunteered to further break
> our kernels.

Well, you're allowed to make bad choices, I suppose.

Policy decisions always make someone unhappy -- they're not needed if
everyone's agreed on the right thing to do, they're not even needed if
everyone doing the work is agreed on the right thing to do. If you're
expecting folks who disagree with you to support policy decisions that
go in your favour -- which is presumably what you were hoping for when
you asked for one -- you should do likewise for policy decisions that
aren't in your favour.

> [1] I don't use either our kernel package or d-i.

Which roughly paraphrases to "I don't plan on ever installing Debian
again."

Cheers,
aj

Don't assume I speak for anyone but myself. GPG signed mail preferred.

Protect Open Source in Australia from over-reaching changes to IP law
http://www.petitiononline.com/auftaip/ & http://www.linux.org.au/fta/