Re: hotplugging /e/n/i "auto" interfaces

On Fri, Apr 09, 2004 at 21:29 +0100, I wrote:
> However, until these features are added to hotplug or ifupdown, it
> is a bad idea (risks deadlock) to ifup interfaces that hotplug can
> also ifup.

Following up ....  I found out that the deadlock problem is avoided
in the current hotplug net.agent script.  It uses ps to check
running instances of ifup and refrains from running ifup a second
time for the same interface.

    if ps -C ifup ho args | grep -q "$IFUPARG"; then
        debug_mesg "ifup-ing now"
    else

Thomas Hood