Re: SSH file transfer doesn't handle filenames with blanks

ti, 2004-04-20 kello 14:34, Sebastian Kapfer kirjoitti:
> To my great amazement, scp refused to copy filenames with blanks or worse
> characters (like an ampersand '&') in it.  Is that a bug in SSH?

I think it is, at least partially, but I also am under the impression
that it is not going to be fixed ever. If I have understood things
correctly, scp mimicks rcp here so that it can be a drop-in replacement
for rcp. This is why scp was designed the way it was.

--
http://liw.iki.fi/liw/log/