Re: more evil firmwares found

Martin Loschwitz wrote:

On Mon, Apr 12, 2004 at 08:26:39PM -0400, Nathanael Nerode wrote:
Martin Loschwitz wrote:

You must be one of those who yelled at non-free and collapsed when they
saw the outcome of the GR ... Well, okay. We are Debian, not Richard M.
Stallman inc. and although one of our main interests is to aid FOSS, we
also have users whose needs we need to obey. Don't believe that this "
We have open source drivers but closed source firmware" thingie is only
relevant for some exotic hardware; infact, it will become more and more
popular. And keep in mind that today, hardly any computer will work
completely without non-free software (or do _you_ have the source for
your mainboard's BIOS?).
http://www.linuxbios.org/

It isn't impossible.
Just make sure to start with all the newest hardware, and the non-free will phase-out as the hardware does.
Regards,

David.