(Sarge) Where is module loading controlled?

Hello Debianers,

I tried the new Debian installer with the sarge-i386-netinst.iso from
March 29 on a friends box. Everything went OK, an installation report
will follow.

Now, I want to replace the OSS audio drivers from the installation to
ALSA. However, I have a problem with module loading. A lot of modules,
such as 8139too, agpgart and the oss audio modules are loaded
automatically and they conflict with the new alsa modules I complied and
installed.

I cannot find anything in /etc/modules or /etc/modules.conf (except the
alsa modules). Where is the loading of these modules controlled?
Please Cc: me since I'm not subscribed currently (too high traffic, it
usually overflows my mailbox at my ISP)

Thank you,
Svante