Re: why must Debian call Taiwan a "Province of China"?

Branden Robinson <branden@debian.org> writes:
> I'm just a naïve gaijin[1], but I'm not sure you're right about that.
> Written zh_CN and zh_TW look very similar to Western eyes.  I've seen a
> comparison of the two in some Sun documentation, and they really just
> looked like the exact same glyphs in two different fonts.  Like look at
> English lettering in bold versus normal weight.  (Not *exactly* like
> that, but close).

I'm not sure what this has to do with the original question, but the
simplified chinese characters used in the PRC can look _very_ different
from the traditional forms used in Taiwan (anyway, it's not accurate to
say the difference is `close to bold-versus-normal').

[One easy way to see an example if you use emacs is to view the `hello'
buffer (C-h h), and look at the section `Difference among chinese
characters' (you need a lot of fonts installed to see them all of course).]

-Miles
--
Would you like fries with that?