Re: Split packages providing services (Re: Release update)

Gerrit Pape wrote:
>I agree.  Having the programs and the service split into two packages
>has another advantage, see this thread; it also points to few packages
>already doing what you suggest

Splitting the packages also allows a distinction in the dependencies of
other software.  "Depends: bazd-server" (i.e., bazd running and doing
stuff) should be distinct from "Depends: bazd" (i.e., bazd available
on disk).

All in all, it seems like exactly the kind of distinction that the
package system is there to make.

-zefram