Re: raising severity of reports filed for packages build-depending on gcc-3.2

On Thursday 01 April 2004 04.44, Steve Langasek wrote:

> Perhaps this is just a technicality, but is it appropriate to raise the
> severity of these bugs while gcc-3.2 is still present in the archive?

As the stated goal of Matthias is to get g..-3.2 removed from sarge, I'd
say yes. Better to raise severity now than to just break the packages and
later discover that g..-3.2 shouldn't have been removed because one of
the packages has serious build problems with newer compilers. As far as I
understand Matthias, he would not object too strongly to the 3.2 packages
left in if build problems are non-trivial to solve.

Just my €.02, of course
-- vbi

--
Will the information superhighway have any rest stops?