Re: Are we losing users to Gentoo?

> So?  We're all on the same side.

True enough. I did not attempt to flame anyone, but thought some cirtique as
to what turns people away from Debian might be appreciated. However I have
meanwhile received at least two responses that are insulting in tone and
content. I would also like to emphasize, that I do not claim  that certain
things are impossible with debian, or even the particular installer that was
in my hands.
Rather I want to point out, that it did not live up to my expectations as far
as ease of use goes and that in a manner that I have no particular wish to
try again.
Then again ... this seems to be more the forum for flame wars, maybe i rather
hand my ideas to someone else.

ciao
Nik