Re: [debian-devel] Re: Ancient architecture

On 31-Mar-04, 02:37 (CST), Tollef Fog Heen <tfheen@raw.no> wrote:
> | Uploading a new source to just fix a non-important typo (somewhere in the
> | docs or similar) is just insane.
>
> Why?  It might be insane, but it might also be the way to close a bug,
> which for me has value in itself.

Even if you don't care about the buildd load, you should care about the
people who will download the new package to get the rather minor fix.
Fix the typo, mark it as "pending", and wait until there's a real reason
to upload. If the typo is the only outstanding bug, upload it when we
get close to a freeze, or something.

(Yes, I know I can monitor debian-devel-changes and avoid the minor
fixes, but if one is tracking unstable, there's a limited amount of this
one can do.)

Steve

--
Steve Greenland