Re: updates to the base system packages list

On Mar 30, Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> wrote:

> > > - remove pppoe and pppoeconf
> > > (Modern ppp releases include the pppoe pluging, which works better,
> > > making the pppoe package obsolete.)
> Does anything in d-i rely on these being there?
No, but:
- there is a ppp-udeb package (which almost works except for the debconf
  part which I do not know how to finish writing!)
- it's *very* important that ppp is at least available in the 20 MB
  image because many people need it for netinstall

--
ciao, |
Marco | [5447 maG0/B7udx4s.]