Re: updates to the base system packages list

On Mar 30, Christopher Martin <christopher.martin@utoronto.ca> wrote:

> How would the user then configure their PPPoE connection? pppoeconf makes
> this task very easy, but it doesn't use the pppd pppoe plug-in, from what
> I've seen as a user. Assuming I'm not missing some other provided tool,
> removing pppoe (and therefore pppoeconf) would be a serious blow to
> ease-of-use, at least until pppoeconf is modified to use the support
> offered by the ppp package.
Who cares? Fix pppoeconf if you care about it, but don't encourage users
to use pppoe which is deprecated.
It's not like copying /usr/share/doc/ppp/examples/peers-pppoe to
/etc/ppp/peers/ and adding the username there is hard anyway.

--
ciao, |
Marco | [5448 te/6Nm3H55kIQ]