Re: Release update

[This is the reply I sent to colin, but as I'm asked for it again :) ]

Le mar 30/03/2004 à 15:56, Colin Watson a écrit :
> On Tue, Mar 30, 2004 at 03:43:10PM +0200, Patrice Fortier wrote:
> > (1) When updating, you're asked if you want the ssh service
> > started. Whatever the answer, it will be started anyway. This is
> > a known ssh package bug and it won't be fixed (so I suggest not
> > asking the question :)).
>
> Er. I know of a number of bugs in that area which will be fixed in
> sarge+1 by splitting ssh into client and server packages, but this isn't
> one of them. Please elaborate.

I guess it is :): #140963
But I didn't stated it correctly. I meant it won't be fixed in sarge.

I'm not asked the question (to start or not sshd) during the install,
but I am when updating.

As I use ssh with xinetd, I don't need it started in /etc/rc?.d/.

Patrice.