Re: Release update

Le lun 29/03/2004 à 23:28, Josip Rodin a écrit :

> >   The doesn't deal with networking services installed without choice
> >  as I tried to explain previously.
>
> You mean that mention of nfs-common and portmap? I didn't see that the last
> time I used the installer. If I had, I would have filed a bug about it.
> If you do, please report it.

OK so here is what I have running after a desktop install:

 - inetd, with daytime, time, discard and identd allowed
 - openssh (as daemon) (1)
 - lpd
 - portmap (2)
 - nfs-common

There may be more, I don't remeber :(

I had updates for ssh, portmap and nfs-common last week, and
each update restarted its service even if I had disabled them
(update-rc.d -f xxx remove). As a sidenote, I find this _very_
irritating... I'd like this policy enforced for these scripts
http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s10.7.3

(1) When updating, you're asked if you want the ssh service
started. Whatever the answer, it will be started anyway. This is
a known ssh package bug and it won't be fixed (so I suggest not
asking the question :)).

(2) portmap is also started in /etc/rcS.d/S41 to mount network
partitions in /etc/rcS.d/S45mountnfs.sh. I complained about that
but I was explained that it was for people with nfs /usr system.
Maybe we (you :)) could ckeck this case at install time (or
first boot) to avoid this second Sxxportmap (it's also started
in /etc/rc2.d/S18portmap) during boot single.

Do you want me to fill bug reports, and for which...packages (as
the update problem with /etc/rc?.d/ scripts seems to be general)?

Regards,
Patrice.