Re: Release update

Scripsit Javier =?iso-8859-15?Q?Fern=E1ndez-Sanguino_Pe=F1a?= <jfs@computer.org>

> > 22/tcp  open  ssh      OpenSSH 3.8p1 (protocol 2.0)

> Ssh is 'standard' priority. It is good to have it installed when a
> user only want's a Desktop?

I think that an ssh *client* would fit the definition for "important".
The server, on the other hand, ought to be "optional" - and part of
the "internet server" task. Perhaps "standard" is a compromise. :-)

I wonder what's keeping openssh from being split into a client and a
server package. #39741 is more than 4 years old, and the bug log does
not contain a single sentence explaining why none of the maintainers
it has had during the years have found it worthwhile/possible to split
it. It can't be that hard, can it?

--
Henning Makholm                        "Nej, hvor er vi altså heldige! Længe
                                      leve vor Buxgører Sansibar Bastelvel!"