Re: testing and no release schedule

Hi, Adam McKenna wrote:

> Unstable is not a
> product.  It's work in progress.

OTOH, unstable feeds into testing. Forgive me if I'm wrong, but wasn't
testing intended to be a product, in the sense that it's perpetually
release-worthy?

IMHO we should strive to make it so. That probably means security
support for testing, and the new versionized bug tracker should help too
if used correctly.

I don't think compartmentalizing Debian will help, the compartments are
too interconnected for that to work.

Maybe "the" solution is to run the autobuilders on testing instead of
unstable (if there are no versioned dependencies which force an unstable
package). IMHO that would reduce the number of packages that end up
waiting on other packages significantly.

--
Matthias Urlichs