Re: testing and no release schedule

On Fri, Mar 26, 2004 at 07:20:08PM -0500, Joey Hess wrote:
> Ingo Juergensmann wrote:
> > Well, "dropping" a previously unreleased arch is something different than
> > really dropping a multiple released arch. I think "not releasing yet" would
> > be the appropriate term for s390 at least.
> s390 was released with woody.

Uh? *bummer* I should install Debian more often...
Ok, then *drop* s390 before m68k... ;)

> > When you only refer to d-i as being release relevant, then I don't know why
> > all those people complain about packages not entering testing?
> d-i is the area with the most likelyhood to need to drop unworking
> arches.

OTOH, it is quite argueable why a non-working installer has been made a
prerequisite to get released, instead of release with what is working. And
what's the base of decision whether to release m68k with sarge because of a
working d-i? 1 working subarch? All working subarchs? 2? three?
That's quite strange over all, imho...

--
Ciao...              //
      Ingo         \X/