Re: rmail, m-t-a, and uucp

* Peter Palfrader (weasel@debian.org) [040325 08:55]:
> My favorite short term solution is to get sendmail fixed, option 2
> requires all MTA packages but sendmail/rmail be changed.  What's your
> opinion on that.

I think it's definitly too late in the release process to force all
MTAs to add an additional virtual package. Furthermore, uucp does not
really depend on rmail, because uucp could be used for other things
then mail (e.g. news).

So, for now I'd say uucp should recommend exim4 | rmail | mta, and
drop the last recommendation after release of sarge.

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/