Re: kernel 2.2 packages cleanup
- To: Adrian Bunk <email@example.com>, firstname.lastname@example.org, Michel Daenzer <email@example.com>, Philip Blundell <firstname.lastname@example.org>, "Christian T. Steigies" <email@example.com>, Camm Maguire <firstname.lastname@example.org>, Ed Boraas <email@example.com>, Herbert Xu <firstname.lastname@example.org>, David Spreen <email@example.com>, Ben Collins <firstname.lastname@example.org>, email@example.com
- Subject: Re: kernel 2.2 packages cleanup
- From: Wouter Verhelst <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Mon, 22 Mar 2004 18:46:10 +0100
- Message-id: <[🔎] 20040322174609.GM722@grep.be>
- In-reply-to: <[🔎] 20040322173858.GN16746@fs.tum.de>
- References: <[🔎] 20040319203536.GA19464@fs.tum.de> <[🔎] 20040320005201.GF25832@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de> <[🔎] email@example.com> <[🔎] 20040321023724.GM25832@rembrandt.csv.ica.uni-stuttgart.de> <[🔎] 20040322151009.GP29212@marenka.net> <[🔎] 20040322173858.GN16746@fs.tum.de>
On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 06:38:58PM +0100, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> [ I've Cc'ed all maintainers of affected packages. ]
> On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 09:10:09AM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> > On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 03:37:24AM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > > It depends on the subarchitecture. In the installer, m68k-amiga uses
> > > 2.4.20, m68k-mac uses 2.2.25.
> > m68k now has 2.4.25 and 2.2.25 and uses these in d-i. All the older
> > kernels can probably be removed, but I intended to wait until the
> > maintainer returns from vacation to ask.
> > m68k needs to keep 2.2 kernels for now.
> Below is a list of kernel 2.2 packages (by source package) and packages
> (build-)depending on them.
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-mac
This one does. There is no 2.4 kernel yet that functions on all m68k
macs (and, most likely, there will never be one; but the 2.6 series
should support macs on a bright day)
> - kernel-image-2.2.25-mac-udeb
This one can go. In fact, a bug to drop it has already been filed...
smog | bricks
AIR -- mud -- FIRE
soda water | tequila
-- with thanks to fortune