kernel 2.2 packages cleanup

[ I've Cc'ed all maintainers of affected packages. ]

On Mon, Mar 22, 2004 at 09:10:09AM -0600, Stephen R Marenka wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 21, 2004 at 03:37:24AM +0100, Thiemo Seufer wrote:
> > It depends on the subarchitecture. In the installer, m68k-amiga uses
> > 2.4.20, m68k-mac uses 2.2.25.
>
> m68k now has 2.4.25 and 2.2.25 and uses these in d-i. All the older
> kernels can probably be removed, but I intended to wait until the
> maintainer returns from vacation to ask.
>
> m68k needs to keep 2.2 kernels for now.

Below is a list of kernel 2.2 packages (by source package) and packages
(build-)depending on them.

kernel 2.2 image packages packages:

arm:
- kernel-image-2.2.19-netwinder
- kernel-image-2.2.19-riscpc

m68k:
- kernel-image-2.2.25-amiga
- kernel-image-2.2.25-atari
- kernel-image-2.2.25-bvme6000
- kernel-image-2.2.25-mac
- kernel-image-2.2.25-mac-udeb
- kernel-image-2.2.25-mvme147
- kernel-image-2.2.25-mvme16x

powerpc:
- kernel-image-2.2.10-powerpc-apus

sparc:
- kernel-image-sparc-2.2

kernel 2.2 patch packages:

Architecture support:
- kernel-patch-2.2.20-arm
- kernel-patch-2.2.25-m68k

Other patches:
- kernel-patch-2.2.17-vm-global
- kernel-patch-2.2.18-vm-global
- kernel-patch-2.2.19-reiserfs
- kernel-patch-2.2.20-p3
- kernel-patch-2.2.20-raid

kernel source package:
- kernel-source-2.2.25

other packages:
- boot-floppies
- kernel-headers-2.2.25-m68k
- lids-2.2

To my current knowledge, all of them can be removed with the following
exceptions:
- kernel-image-2.2.25-mac
- kernel-image-2.2.25-mac-udeb
- kernel-patch-2.2.25-m68k
- kernel-source-2.2.25

Are there any other packages in the list above that have to stay?

> Stephen

cu
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.