Re: ppp bug and maintainer's negative attitude

Frank Küster wrote:

In the case of a violation that is yet public and google-able, a public
mail to debian-security@lists.debian.org would have been in order - and
now that you complain we could easily check what you have done.

You're welcome to verify what I am stating, but I have reported all the steps I have taken in my mail.

What has the security team answered?

Zilch (maintainer's "no" reply was CC'ed to security@debian.org, too).

Why didn't you simply reopen the bug?

I thought about that, but my friends suggested that I open a new one asking for a backport (or similar measure). If you believe the appropriate action in this case would have been reopening the report, please let me know, so I won't make the same mistake twice.

BTW, for everyone: I'm subscribed to the debian-devel list, no need to CC me.

TIA,
Andrea.

--
Homepage: http://andrea.borgia.bo.it     /    Amateur radio: IZ4FHT
Key fingerprint: 4037 9711 85C6 F9F9 A505  FA0A BB62 3A3C F7BA 9B13