Re: [OT] Linux Distributions Guide

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:46:51PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>
> > I didn't see anything that made it that special from hundreds of other
> > reviews of different Linuxx distributions.
> It's not real special but it is written from a users point of view and
> was "advised" in a forum of medicine experts.  So I just wanted to let
> people know how users rate Debian.  I had the feeling that we tried to

"how users rate Debian" is a bit of a strong opinion for the opinion of
one person.

> focus more on user (read here "not experienced user") interests.  While
> Debian is rated high in comparisons done by developers this comparison
> implies kind of a "TODO-list".  This was in my eyes the interesting point
> regarding the difference to other tests I've read in the past.

TODO list:
- more frequent releases
- a graphical installer
- more user-friendly/conistent administration tools

None of these points is unknown or new.

> Kind regards
>
>          Andreas.

cu
Adrian

BTW: "SUSE seems to be a bit less tied to its GUI tools than [other
      RPM-based distributions], not that any distribution really requires
      them"

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed