Re: [OT] Linux Distributions Guide

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 01:46:51PM +0100, Andreas Tille wrote:
> On Thu, 18 Mar 2004, Adrian Bunk wrote:
> > I didn't see anything that made it that special from hundreds of other
> > reviews of different Linuxx distributions.
> It's not real special but it is written from a users point of view and
> was "advised" in a forum of medicine experts.  So I just wanted to let
> people know how users rate Debian.  I had the feeling that we tried to
> focus more on user (read here "not experienced user") interests.  While
> Debian is rated high in comparisons done by developers this comparison
> implies kind of a "TODO-list".  This was in my eyes the interesting point
> regarding the difference to other tests I've read in the past.

In that case, it would make much more sense to get users to test sarge
and report about that, rather than having the Nth rant about woody being
outdated and hard to install.

In fact, there was a sarge installation walk-through posted on Slashdot
very recently, and the Debian-installer team has noticed it and is
taking action already, AFAIK.

If you want to help sarge, let your mama try to install it and take
notes.

Michael

--
Michael Banck