Re: package dependencies

hi :)

On Thu, Mar 18, 2004 at 04:47:16AM -0500, Moe Aboulkheir wrote:
> i am looking to create a .deb package of my program, however it has a
> dependency that isn't included in debian.  do i declare this
> dependency in the .deb file even though its seemingly meaningless
> because it cant be installed (b/c its not there)
you should create a package of this dependency, too.
alternatively, include everything that your software needs in
package itself.

> and/or can i have the package i depend on also included in the debian
> distro if my submission is accepted?  (if so how?)

file a RFP (request for package) bugreport against wnpp,
see http://www.debian.org/devel/wnpp/

--
CU,		  / Friedrich-Alexander University Erlangen, Germany
Martin Waitz	//  Department of Computer Science 12      _________