Re: package dependencies

On Thu, 2004-03-18 at 05:47, Moe Aboulkheir wrote:
> Hi,
>
> i am looking to create a .deb package of my program, however it has a dependency that isn't included in debian.  do i declare this dependency in the .deb file even though its seemingly meaningless because it cant be installed (b/c its not there) and/or can i have the package i depend on also included in the debian distro if my submission is accepted?  (if so how?)
>
> thanks,
> moe
> --

I Think that we required some information for this.

1- Which is the program?

2- Which is the dependecy that is not in Debian?

3- This dependency, could be into main, contrib or non-free? (check
Debian Policy)

4- If the answer of point '3' isn't YES, there is some avalaible package
to replace it?
--
Midway upon the journey of our life,
I found myself within a forest dark,