Re: Policy on Account creation and deletion?

Marc Haber <mh+debian-devel@zugschlus.de> wrote:

> I'd consider it a feature to see .bak files from ages ago vanish when
> the package they have been created for is purged.

Yeah, I think the argument here was, tu put it bluntly, that every shit
touched by the admin is sacred. Where "shit" means in this context admin
stuff placed in the packaging system's realm, as opposed to stuff under
/{var,usr}/local, /home, etc.

Anyway, I don't think there's a clearcut right or wrong way here, since
the base assumption was that the admin didn't follow good, established
practice for managing his filesystem.

Also, I'm not sure now that Andreas was thinking about the same thing as
I (the wording of my question was a bit ambiguous). I was talking about
the general case of an "rm -rf /path" where /path is absolute and does
not contain any variable expansion; it might be, due to the context of
the discussion, that Andreas was thinking about the home directory of
some user (like your Debian-exim) used for a specific program---where
the admin might have deemed clever to put files related to the program
in question.

--
Florent