Re: dpkg-statoverride: Do I need a cluebat?

Adam Heath <doogie@debian.org> wrote:
[dpkg-statoverride alternatives.]

> Call adduser in preinst, ship perms in deb as normal.

I missed that. - This solution will work for packages with
static-uid/gid[1] in 60000-64999.

To stop misconceptions: It won't work for packages allocationg a user
with dynamically allocated uid using "adduser --system".
                   cu andreas
PS: Please respect Mail-Followup-To.
[1] See /usr/share/doc/base-passwd/README.
--
NMUs aren't an insult, they're not an attack, and they're
not something to avoid or be ashamed of.