Weird debootstrap output

Hi *,

I am currently fiddling with debootstrap as I am building my own
installer for a stripped down Debian router system. My problem is that
debootstrap is freezing my terminal and I can't find out why. I captured
the output and catting it to an xterm yields the same result.

Interestingly it works fine on the Linux console and inside screen
as I just noticed. I still would like to know what's breaking xterm
in this output so if somebody wants to help or is curious please
have a look at

	http://people.debian.org/~torsten/debootstrap.capture

Any hints appreciated.

Thanks