Re: Help us make the Debian CDs even better

On 2004-03-14 Petter Reinholdtsen <pere@hungry.com> wrote:
[...]
> So this is an request to all of you out there, to install the
> popularity-contest package, say yes to participate (and verify
> 'PARTICIPATE=yes' in /etc/popularity-contest.conf), and give us more
> info on which packages are in use in Debian.

I assume I am not the only one who doublechecked
/etc/popularity-contest.conf and realized PARTICIPATE=yes was missing.

I know it had been working some time ago (shortly after woody's
release?) but some update then introduced checking $PARTICIPATE. And
you should _really_ check /etc/popularity-contest.conf if you are
running woody, this version will ask with debconf whether it should
participate but it will add PARTICIPATE=yes if
/etc/popularity-contest.conf already exist.

The version in sid is fine.
         cu andreas
fuhggvat qbja gur juveyvat tha.
Neal Stephenson in "Snow Crash"