Bug#237979: ITP: sysvconfig -- A text menu based utility for configuring init script links
* Package name : sysvconfig
Version : .5
* Author : John Hasler <firstname.lastname@example.org>
* URL :
* License : GPL
Description : A text menu based utility for configuring init script links
It provides extensive explanations at each step.
Some features supported by sysvconfig are:
- Interactively enable or disable services.
- Restore from backup file if you make a mistake.
- Menu or command line interface.
- View all services, each with its status and a brief description.
- interactively edit links.
- No changes are written to disk until the endo of the seeion.
- Uses update-rc.d to make changes.
I will upload to Experimental within a few days.