sysvconfig -- A text menu based utility for configuring init script links
I've uploaded sysvconfig to Experimental:
Description: A text menu based utility for configuring init script links
It provides extensive explanations at each step.
Some features supported by sysvconfig are:
- Enable or disable services.
- Edit init links.
- Restore from backup file if you make a mistake.
- Menu or command line interface.
- View all services, each with its status and a brief description.
- Does not write out any changes until you tell it to.
- Uses update-rc.d for changes.
Please test it, but realize that it _could_ render your system unbootable.
'sysvconfig --debug directory' will cause it to look in 'directory' for
init.d and the rc directories instead of in /etc, but you will need a
patched version of update-rec.d in /usr/local/bin/test-update-rc.d in order
to write to such files.
The most serious shortcoming right now is that sysvconfig writes out all
links for all scripts rather than only those with changes. This will be
fixed in the next upload, but I'm sure there are other bugs.
firstname.lastname@example.org (John Hasler)
Dancing Horse Hill