Re: dpkg-statoverride: Do I need a cluebat?

* Adam Heath (doogie@debian.org) [040314 03:25]:
> On Sat, 13 Mar 2004, Andreas Barth wrote:
>
> >       if ! dpkg-statoverride --list /usr/lib/games/nethack/recover >/dev/null
> >       then
> >         dpkg-statoverride --add root games 2755 /usr/lib/games/nethack/recover
> >       fi

> maintainers don't use dpkg-statoverride.  They set the perms in the .deb,
> inside debian/rules.

Then there are a lot of broken maintainer scripts around. Furthermore,
this doesn't work with dynamically added user ids. And, Policy tells
in http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-files.html#s10.9.1 how
to call dpkg-statoverride in maintainer scripts (though this section
is according to itself not part of policy).

Cheers,
Andi
--
   http://home.arcor.de/andreas-barth/