Re: spam closes Debian bugs!

Julian Mehnle wrote:
>>Who should be allowed to close bug reports?
> Only DDs, the maintainer, and the reporter -- if his initial report was signed.

That's unreasonable from my point of view and does not buy any security:
The header is not signed. I could just take any signed mail and use that
to close anything.
(And yes, I have closed some bug reports where I try to help out.)

>>An other thing is that taking options away from people for no good
>>reason isn't usually playing well with the users.
> Careful.  There *is* a good reason.  Maybe it isn't good enough, but it is there.

No. At best, you have can argue that there is a harm, significance is
utterly questionable. You aren't even close to having a prima facie
reasonable argument in favor of your solution.

>>At least the current type of spam problem could be easily averted
>>by closing bugs via requiering "Closes: " pseudoheader.
> That would be another possibility.  No problem with me -- until
> some class of attackers start attacking the BTS systematically.

Your proposal doesn't solve this.

Cheers

T.
--