Re: mass RC bug filing: data splitting

John Lightsey <john@nixnuts.net> schrieb:

> On Thursday 11 March 2004 06:44 pm, Adrian Bunk wrote:
>> - user uses apt pinning e.g. between testing and unstable
>> - user installs package from unstable (pulls -data)
>> - user uninstalls package (but doesn't uninstall -data)
>> - user installs package from testing
>> - *boom*
>>
>> Is the usage of apt pinning consideres to be a user error?
>>

> If whatever-data depends on whatever is this scenario possible?
> Wouldn't the -data package come out when the regular package is removed?

It's often the other way round: whatever-bin depends on
whatever-data. YMMV, but all the examples that come to my mind fast are
like this:

tetex-bin (arch: any) depends on tetex-base (arch: all)
xserver-common (arch: any¹) depends on xfree86-common (arch: all)
tuxracer (arch: any¹) depends on tuxracer-data (arch: all)
wmaker (arch: any¹) depends on wmaker-data (arch: all)

Regards, Frank

¹or at least "some", didn't check that
Abt. Biophysikalische Chemie